Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
The Basketball Diaries
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Basketball Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 1999 9:15 pm    Post subject: The Basketball Diaries Reply with quote

Okay, this is the only other film co-starring Mark that I have not yet seen (the other being The Substitute). If you've got insight, depth, feelings, emotions, or opinions about Basketball Diaries, please share them with us.

Thanks,
Mark
kay-dee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2000 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark what are u waiting on-go rent the movie. it has been so long since i seen this movie, but i do remember mark in the movie and he was great.

just like "fear" he gave a great performance!

go rent the movie! what are you waiting for?

kathy
lol-rofl
SusieQ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2000 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K!! Can someone please tell me one thing..?? After i finished looking up Mark on the net it said he was in "The Substitute" So i grabbed the movie and watched it, but he wasnt in it!! Why is that?? Is there another movie that goes by this name or what?? By the way i love Marky Mark..he is the all time best actor!! He's always got my vote!!
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2000 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup there is another movie named the substitute. The one Mark is in was made in 1993(i think) and he's on the cover of it along w/ the teacher lady but it was a made-for-tv movie so its really hard to buy but it might be up for sale at eBay.com. you could check there

------------------
~*Bye for now!*~

<3 Kim

Annie M

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2000 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply for SusieQ--
Yes, you can buy "The Substitute" from Amazon.com. I know because I own it, but it is EXPENSIVE. About $71!! Reason being, they get it directly from the studio, so it costs a lot more. Still, it was worth it to me, because I knew I'd never find it to rent, and I was dying of curiosity. It is not as bad a movie as I was led to believe-- your average slasher film, but I've seen worse. Anyway, Mark's role isn't big, but crucial to the plot. He does a great job, though it isn't much of a stretch for him. He plays your typical gang-banger thug type.
But he was cute in a smartass, tough way.
I wish his part could have lasted longer, but even then, you can see the seeds of his telent!
I have seen everything now except "The Corruptor", "The Yards", and "The Basketball Diaries", (I have ordered "Corruptor" and the B-Ball Diaries.) It is cool to watch all his films and see how he progresses. As much as I loved "Three Kings", I think he will be AWESOME in "The Perfect Storm" and "Metal God". MARK my words--he is destined to win an Oscar someday!! Yeah, Baby!!

------------------
Annie M
MJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie_
I think you'll love the Corrupter. I have seen it at least a 1/2 dozen times. I bought a previously viewed copy in December but I have a NEW copy on order.

MJ
*TiGerLiLy*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree~I liked the corruptor a lot too.It was really interesting and I think out of all his films he looked the best in this one and that he looked really good in those glasses he wore even if I'm probably the only one that thinks so~lol. and the best part is you get a clear shot of his butt in it! hehe

------------------
~*Bye for now!*~

<3 Kim

Annie M

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2000 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting really anxious for my copy of "The Corruptor"!! After what y'all said, I can hardly wait to see this film! Plus, I've read several articles about it. I know Mark had to learn some Cantonese, and I am so curious to hear how he does with that. He really is broadening his scope of acting, a little more with every role, I think. And then the few pix I've seen make him look SO CUTE! After seeing him in "bad guy" parts, it will be interesting to see him as a cop.
Another reason I like his acting, is that he tries different things all the time. This is why I think he will win awards at some point, because he is always pushing to do better, and not just stay in one place. I do not see how anyone can watch his films and say he isn't a significant addition to the acting profession! Now and then I hear remarks that just make me want to scream, but I know some folks will have to eat their words someday. Thank God for this website, and for people who know REAL TALENT when they see it!!
Hopefully sometime in Feb., I'll have my copy and can watch it and give y'all my thoughts. I don't want to rent it, (unless I absolutely have no alternative), because I know I wouldn't want to give the film back!

------------------
Annie M
MJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim-
Your not alone on the glasses. I think Mark looked sexy in them as well. Not many men could have pulled off that look with the glasses & still be drop dead gorgeous. Then again Mark looks sexy regardless of what he is or isn't wearing.

MJ
Annie M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2000 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When has Mark NOT been sexy?! The man could have the FLU, and still look good!! lol! I have seen a b/w pix of him with sun-shades on, and he does look COOL. But if you mean like regular glasses, you are right that every guy can't pull that off. Leave it to Mark to be the one! He always seems to land on his feet, no matter what is called for. This is why he is a success in sho-biz!! What a FLY guy!!

------------------
Annie M
skyvam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I may have said elsewhere, I finally saw and got my copy of "The Corruptor". Mark did a perfect job with the Cantonese, btw, which I was so curious about!
I thought it was a very good movie; kept me guessing. Chow-Yun Fat was excellent, also!
Mark does look very studious w/specs, but I like him better w/o. It was a nice touch though, for the character. It's the details that make characters so interesting!
Mark just has a natural acting ability, that's all there is ot it. If this man does not receive an Oscar w/i the next 10 years, I'm going to be SHOCKED.
Also, the scene where his partner leaves him with those 2 women made me laugh. Oh gee, what a tough assignment THAT was!! lol!
And, dam*, doesn't he look great in uniform!
HOO-ah!!

------------------
annie
cecilia pavon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mark,
well,this was the first movie i sow with mark w.working on it,a friend of mine is in love with Leo Dicaprio and one day she brought me a copy that is steel with me.Let me tell you that he did his job so well that i hated him,(imagine that!).I recomend you this movie first of all for the cast(Juliette Lewis and Leo were grat too),then for the music(Sungarden Jim carroll with Pearl Jam,The Cult,The Doors,etc),and of course,the story.Carroll's life is very interesting.
I would like to recomend you All about my mother too,its a good movie too.
So go ahead,enjoy it.

------------------
Annie M

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2000 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This movie to SO excellent; I think all children from 12 - 21 should be manditorily required to view this film in school. It might help put in another foothold on "the war against drugs". The keyword for this film is REAL.
Aces to Leo, Mark, and all the other guys!

------------------
Annie M
Clare

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2000 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basketball Diaries was a very affecting movie
and I thought Mark Wahlberg's character was one of the most interesting and colorful. He made the role totally believable to me. There's something about Mark's acting that makes me feel like he's been there. This is evident in every one of his roles and I think it's because he is such a good actor. If an actor can make us believe that he IS that character, that's great acting.
fitzy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2000 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought BBall diaries forum should play catch up and I have this say ...fit little devil that mark eh! that scene where he is going after the dealer he jumps straight over the rail and then climbs over the car at speed ...ok I don't like how it ends for either the dealer or mark .
that's it
cheers
fitzy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Basketball Diaries All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: