Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
BAD REVIEW FROM PEOPLE MAG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAHLBERGFAN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: BAD REVIEW FROM PEOPLE MAG Reply with quote

I couldn't beleive what People Mag said about Mark. they said compared to Thandie Newton, Mark was a "Big Black Whole". I haven't had the chance to see the movie yet, But I seriously doubt that mark lacked in any area of his role in this movie. He is a very good actor.
SheilaB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT????????????? Man, that movie is excellent in my opinion, it's one i'll watch over and over again! Trust me, it's a great movie!

SHEILAB
josie651971

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when magazine trash mark. I wonder why people are so mean. Mark played his part wonderfully. I loved the movie. I know this is pretty mean if it's true but i think it's because he was Marky Mark before or something. Cause on this website that Lianne found it says you can forgive him for the whole funky bunch phase.... here is the link www.tvguide.com/newgossip/caught/021017.asp

If it doesn't work go to the thread the truth about charlie premiere pics and click on tv guide link.

[This message has been edited by josie651971 (edited October 30, 2002).]
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's just one person's opinion. Not to be a film snob, but I wouldn't put too much weight on People magazine's opinion. You also have to take into account that as film reviewers, they've probably seen Charade a gazillion times, analyzing every aspect of it.

Some random facts as I eventually get to my point. I don't know if all of you have seen Charade, but it is a homage itself - to Hitchcock's classic thrillers. It didn't get all the glowing reviews you hear now when it first came out. It was considered too light, a poor American copy of the UK director's work. Sound familiar???

It also was one of the last hits Cary ever made. So there's that aspect of daring to redo the last hurrah of a beloved actor. The movie played to Cary's strengths and his persona. And like alot of studio actors, its sometimes hard to separate the actor from the persona. In this case, we also have the separate the actor from the character he played promblem. Whether you, I or Mark likes it or not, some people cannot and/or will not separate (which is a whole nother issue) his persona of old from Mark Wahlberg the actor and person.

I think many reviewers are forgetting the very thing they rail Mark on: nobody can be Cary Grant. Mark was not playing Cary Grant. Which was the point, but some people can only see Cary in Joshua Peters shoes. His Joshua is not even like Cary's Joshua except for the skeletal parts. Ah well don't want to write a term paper here, but you get the point.

As I always tell y'all, write to the person if you disagree. Wouldn't hurt to tell them your opinion. You never know you could be in the same magazine as Mark. Wouldn't that be something?
SheilaB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lianne is there an address where i can write these people to express my opinion on their opinion of the movie and Mark?

SheilaB
WAHLBERGFAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE WEB ADDRESS IS "PEOPLE.COM"
SheilaB

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL!THANKS
markymark1220

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, THAT IS OT TRU AT ALL, CUZ HE WAS AWSOME AND HOT IN THE MOVIE AND PPL MAG HAVE NO RIGHT AT ALL TO GIVE IT A BAD REVEW. PPL MAG SUCKS!!!!

------------------
KIAH THOMAS Smile
*SamMarkyFan*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best mate took me to see it coz shes a big fan and at the start i wasnt keen but i really got into the movie and liked it!
slashinoosh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen the movie yesterday and it is a very good movie, there are only 2 things that makes me lol , first the french people are very very stereotyped , the hat, cars, bread..... as i am french it was soooooooo funnny to see how the realisator "imagined" us! the whole movie is full of strange things , of stereotypes! and the character mark is playing is the most stereotype of all so i laugh a lot! secondly it was funy to hear mark speaking french ( it seems obvious that he never learnt it so he tried to do his best but ......he has a german accent so it is cute and funny! but the movie was great and mark plays very well his parts, he is very convincing even when he speak french with a german accent! lol
i hope he took the time to visit paris!
________
Jeep FJ

Last edited by slashinoosh on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
virginia_lp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: BAD REVIEW FROM PEOPLE MAG Reply with quote

WAHLBERGFAN wrote:
I couldn't beleive what People Mag said about Mark. they said compared to Thandie Newton, Mark was a "Big Black Whole". I haven't had the chance to see the movie yet, But I seriously doubt that mark lacked in any area of his role in this movie. He is a very good actor.

Of course he's a good actor, no- he's a great actor, and The Truth About Charlie was an awesome film, Mark did a very good preferming!

http://virgi-fromthe-sky.spaces.live.com
http://www.myspace.com/virginia_lp
http://www.twitter.com/virginia_lp
virgi1525_91@hotmail.com

Virginia ~
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kirsty luvin mark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well i cant say much cuz i aint seen this movie bt.... frm the trailer i fink its luks a great wee movie!! also course mark is a good actor!! luk at all the movies he has done and played all the charcters sooo well!!! thumbs up 2 mr wahlberg!! lol Exclamation Exclamation

mrsmercer109

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he spoke french Rolling Eyes i like fainted he spoke it so well hes so sexi when he speaks it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Truth About Charlie All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: