Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Leo as Leo...no way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:48 pm    Post subject: Leo as Leo...no way! Reply with quote

I read recently that Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Leo DiCaprio were all up for Mark's part. Mark did a great job. I can totally see Ben Affleck in that role, I must admit. Matt Damon I cannot see. Leo Di Caprio...UH NO. He looks 14 years old and always will.

I know Mark rocked, but just for interesting discussion, who else could you see playing Cpt. Davidson?
boogiegirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they didn't put Matt in that role. Mark was good for that part because he's more macho and rugged. Matt seems too pretty in a gay guy sort of way. The apes would have kicked Matt's ass I can't think of anyone else for that role besides Mark
i_luvmark12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I totally agree w/ you both. Mark is perfect for the part. Ben would've put a quite good job on the part too. Matt...uhh..lemmesee...naaaaah! Leo? Ok, imagine him in a space suit and hanging around those monkeys....if they actually put Leo in the part...the director/caster had just made a heeeeeeeeeeeuge mistake! OMG Leo(di caprio)would've sucked! definetly not spaceman/manly/hottie type. in my eyes tho...
Emat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Matt would really have to bulk up. And I have never found him attractive. Mark had a maturity Ben doesn't have, but for some reason I can see Ben doing it.

i_luvmark12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Ben would've been Okay cos just look at Armageddon. Matt & Leo look quite alike and they look too sissy. No offense to anyone who ACTUALLY likes them both but c'mon, they would NOT fit the part. Emat you're right about Leo looking like a 14 yr old. He really does even in The Beach.
Emat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, they'd have had to pay some of those guys more. Mark's asking price will go up but Ben's is probably sky high. Matt and Leo have made flop after flop, so they have no business having huge asking prices, that's for sure!
i_luvmark12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, once again, the mighty Emat is right(as always) Ben would've have about 15-30 million going on, or even more(i don't know a thing about paying ppl salaries in movies)!
Matt & Leo would've made the movie even more worse(not that i'm sayin itz bad or nuthing)
both of 'em have made movies which are no where near the top 10 charts(well most of their movies, anyway)Oh, and I've just 'discovered' that u like Ed Norton too.
Emat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, thank you!

I have said before that I think Mark would have done great in the American History X role...I was shot down! LOL...that's OK. I know that character was evil, but I think Mark could have done it (witness Fear). He's got that sneer!
Norton did great, too...I am a fan of his, but he has done such junk lately. I don't know what the problem is. Flop after flop after flop!
Baby Junior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Think Matt kinda would have been good for the role but then agin no way! Mark was so good for the part but my mom keeps on saying they should have got somoneelse for the part.Ben would have been good cause he was in armegadeon. Leo no way! I used to like him and leo does not look 14 years old. No way. Have you guys seen him now. He looks 26 to me.You guys must be seeing out of date footage.Mark for me!!
i_luvmark12

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, okay so Ed's movies were flops(tho i kinda liked 'em)i've seen Leo now but c'mon...he still looks like a 14 yr old 2 me!
and he wouldn't really look good 4 the part
Rockstar Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am suppose to think of someone else that will fit in the role, but really, how can there be a better choice than Mark. He has the right body build for the caracter.
If Leonardo got the part, I am sure the first ape that jumped on him would have made him fall over, he doesn't look very secure on his feet. If you want to make a comedy Planet of the Apes, put Brad Pitt in the role, I will laugh so hard, my stomach would hurt.

[This message has been edited by Rockstar Fan (edited October 04, 2001).]
BlueSkye15

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2001 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bens asking price is usually $10 million, isnt that the same as Marks?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: