Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Damm!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beth.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 6:06 am    Post subject: Damm! Reply with quote

im so fustrated, i jus got pota through the post...today from the states (im in the uk).An b4 i orderd it from amazon i stupidly didnt check if my dvd player was compatible BAD NEWS....its not it says its not compatible with this region wen i put the dvd in. so i was wonderin if any of u technical ppl out there could help me, i think the only thing i can do is get a new dvd player but i thought id ask u lot scince i no jack s*** about anythin technical...i need 2 wach this dvd or i fear sumthin terrible might happen :p Help!!!!! lol xxx
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm assuming you have a Region 2 DVD player, not one of those code free ones. You should check the internet and see if there are any hacks to switch the region coding off your machine. Search under 'dvd hacks' or 'dvd code free' Mind you, your warrenty is void if you attempt these things. Some are really simple, using the remote to change the programming, others need to be actually opened and pulled apart. And some have a limit on how many times you can change it back and forth.

Now if you have an all region/code free player, you're out of luck as they just instituted this new protection on the disc that makes some of these players not work either. It's hit or miss, as other studios use different formats. So you might be able to play POTA, but if you get another DVD from America from WB or Universal, they may use a different kind of copy protection. So you run into the risk of having a pile of useless dvds, except for POTA.

The same thing is happening on CDs, with some CDs not playing on old or brand new cd players.

If you have usenet or newsgroup access, you could probably ask some of the guys there in the dvd groups. They know alot more about these things, just make sure you state yur problem more concisely, as they tend to be hostile to people who don't know what they're talking about.

ex. Make and model of your dvd player, what region coding it is, what you're trying to play.

Griping about region coding will earn you stars!

Otherwise, you'll just have to be patient and wait for the region 2 version.

Good luck!
Lianne
Beth.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx that really helps, ill try an act like i know wot im talking about xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: