Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Where did all the horses come from?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkLady

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:36 am    Post subject: Where did all the horses come from? Reply with quote

Call me crazy (you won't be the first) but where did all the horses come from in the film, were they just on the planet all along! I mean what did they evolve from?
bret112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2001 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WAS AN EXTRA IN THE FILM AND THE WAY THEY TOLD US THAT THEY WERE ABOUT THE ONLY OTHER MAMMALS ON THE PLANET
Britgirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Bret that you were an extra - did you meet Mark?

As for the horses - Pinklady I completely agree with you! It was one of the first things my friend and I said when leaving the cinema. They came from nowhere and I just think this was one of the (many?) things Tim Burton just stuck in the film without proper explanation or reason. (Not dissing the film - Mark was great in it - but there were some gaping plot holes in this movie...just my opinion).
Emat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us more about being an extra
bret112

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2001 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOUR WELCOME
YES I MET MARK HES A VERY NICE GUY I WAS AT THE HOTEL HE WAS IN A COUPLE OF TIME AND HAD A FEW BEERS WITH HIM I WAS THERE WHEN TIM ROTH AND MCD (MICHEAL CLARK DUNCAN)WERE THERE. THEIR ALL JUST LIKE ANYONE ELSE
bret112

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2001 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being an extra was fun but long hours 4 am til dark on this movie but they fed us real good first days lunch was lobster i also had the best ribs i have ever eater on set
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2001 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Bret. Wow Lobster, guess they wanted to make sure you wouldn't get grumpy if you were in costume all day. read it got hot under there.

Just some questions if you don't mind me asking:

Did you play one of the gorillas, one of the chimpanzees or one of the humans?

What scenes did you participate in?

I hear Tim Roth stayed in character pretty much all day, did it seem like it to you?

What did you think of the film? Did working on it give you a different perspective?

Lianne
bret112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first question i was a human if the pictures uploaded the one of me is in my costume it was taken at the costume fitting
second i was in most of the desert scenes where they were showing humans until it comes out on video all i know is i can be seen clearly in one scene but its quick
third Yes Tim and Micheal and Helena were in costume all day when it was cold they liked it and humans did not when it was hot we liked it (being half naked) and they hated it
fourth believe it or not i havent seen it yet i want to wait for dvd or video and yes
my perspective of filmmaking has changed that was my first film ive been in and i feel Tim Burton is an eccentric genius it amazes me how he sees the whole movie in his own mind before its made and he knows what he wants

if the pics didnt upload i will post them at a pic site and leave the url here on my next post
by the way Abbe heres the proof since you emailed me and called me a liar
(not appreciated)
bret112

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2001 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=55118186964_37109862203&US=0&collid=14810962203
Lianne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thnx for answering. that's so cool. I'm going to have to look closely to see if I can spot ya!

Hmm, I'm trying to remember if the stills they have on the official POTA site might have caught you. There was a pretty big shot of the humans at Calima.

I so need a DVD player, I heard there's 13 hours crammed into the discs.

We had several pretenders and trolls, so some of us are gunshy, but I extend my appologies if any of our members were rude.

(To all - Have a little tact when calling people liars. Ask politely: Could you provide some proof on your claims, thank you. It goes along way if you're nice.)

And welcome (I always forget lol) don't let the horny contingent scare you off. We do get into serious conversations too.

Lianne
Britgirl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bret, thanks for all that info and posting your pictures - I shall also look out for you when the video comes out! I can't believe you haven't seen it yet? - I think if I was you I would find it very interesting to see how the finished product compares with how Tim Burton presented his ideas on set.

Are you going to try to do more extra work?
Rockstar Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Brett112, that must have been a lot of fun! Cool! Thanks for the pictures.
bret112

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i can appreciate people being wary but like you said politeness goes a long way
also i found out today POTA is coming out
positively coming out on dvd november 20TH
wouldn't you guess 20TH for 20TH century
fox lol.
as for doing more extra work if its available and i have time i will hopefully there will be POTA 2 soon i dont mind answering questions about the movie because i did enjoy being a part of it.
oh by the way since i seen Eric (Marks assistant) checks this out time to time hi Eric and tell mark i said hi im the extra that he signed the picture on set while he and you were in the truck

see ya'll
swtkses4ya

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey! thats soo cool! i want to be an extra in a movie! how do you find this stuff out!? and would it be possible to find out the next movie mark is in to be an extra in? thanks! taryn.
Ixtapake Media Council

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I want to be an extra too! Please post how or send email to ixtapake@pwtel.net Bret I bet it was cool being in that movie. Every minute I watched it I wished I was in it. Please respond as soon as you can Bret. God Bless!

------------------
O'Brien Enrique Ixtapake Crane y Castillo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: