Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Did ne one understand the ending???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkyMarkZHunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! haha This is so confusing! I agree with the people who gave theories! I mean all of that could be possible! I SO did not understand the ending but I think I got it now...correct me if I am wrong anyone!
( which I am almost positive I will be! LOL)

Ok, When Mark landed in 'apeworld' and changed everything...he changed the future of Earth. So when he goes back it shows how the apes inhabitated Earth and live like humans. And somehow Thade came to Earth and trained all the uncivilzed apes or something?

Oh my gosh... I think I just confused myself all over again! How horrible! Help me please! haha Thank you so much!
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would make sense but wouldnt ne one notice a guy walkin around thats an advanced monkey??? and didnt they say at the begining of the movie that those were the only ones left?...the ones in that work station and they all had crashed??? so maybe a female monkey went w/him, arry??? and theywere the adam and eve of the new world? more statements too add to the confusion! ah well i tried.
applepie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... there are a few holes in that last theory:

1. The planet he landed on by mistake is not known by anyone else on earth nor is it charted anywhere. Therefore, none of his doings on THAT planet can effect the future of EARTH which is light-years away.

2. Leo flies BACK in time (from FUTURE to PRESENT) and BACK to earth. In no way can the FUTURE of the ape planet affect the PRESENT of Leo's planet. UNLESS, of course, an element (human or ape) returns early enough in the PAST to change the course of history... in this case, it might even be prior to Leo's departure into space... or Leo's birth for that matter!

Have I confused you all enough?!?!
Or should I keep on rambling?!
aussiegirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know I came out of that film thinking I understood the ending, but after reading all of these I am not so sure!!!
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2001 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i feel ur pain, i started this to figure out the ending but i am ending up more confused! but i guess its good cuz i can think of new things, and they all have to do w/mark! lol, bbut i luv how everyones like "no if he did something in the futute it cant effect the past" but its not like were experts on time traveling!!! lol oh and i have another thought....

how did his chimp get there after he got there????
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2001 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind dont answer that stupid ? i guess1 i mean time travel i guess spits u out at different times??? i dunno! ending ideas???? ne one??? lol

oh and fear is going to be on USA by me (northeast coast) at 9pm on tuesday august 21st!!!
MarksGrl22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2001 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok-- i didn't really get the endin either.. but this is what i think.... ok when he crashed.. he was half way between earth and planet of the apes.. so when he flew back to earth, he had to go further since he was already half way when he crashed... so when he landed again... it was further in time.. and apes ruled the earth again... but also.. if that doesn't make sense lol.. remember that the ape told Leo no matter where he goes Gen. Thade will be sure to follow him.. and sure enough there they were!
Jenn~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ya! I wasn't to thrilled with the POTA ending. But of course, it is the amazing Tim Burton we are talking about and he ALWAYS leaves us with something to ponder. If I could write an alternate ending...I would have Mark (Leo) and his monkey go back to their original place in time and tell all the people about where he had just been and what had happened. Then he and the whole crew would all go through time into the future, back to the "Apeworld," BUT, when he goes back...it's not really an apeworld anymore because since he goes back to his ship then it kinda erases all that happened with the crash of the ship and the start of CALIMA. Okay, getting this? So Mark (Leo) meets Ari except she is not an ape...she is a beautiful woman...but you know its her...and he knows it's her...and are you getting my drift?! I'm rambling...of course there would have to be some creative writing of the inbetweens here...but I think I'm on to something.
Also, sorry to say...just MY opinion, but the blonde had no real purpose in that movie and when he goes back to kiss her like they were so passionately in love or something, that's what made no sense to me. The two of them had no real connection. I think she was there for the "glamour" that's pushing it but, I really didn't see the point to her character being there at all. She could have been a man or even that boy who kinda idled Leo and it would have made a better story. Okay, okay...don't bash me over my opinion...it's just an opinion.
Take care all!
Makin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Jen, I totally agree with you about the Estella Warren role. (Damn, can't even REMEMBER her characters name! What does THAT tell you?!)
She was nothing but scantily clad female window dressing, as far as I can see.
Pity, as HBC's role of Ari was actually quite well written and showed the most character development. (Compared to others, and I'm including Leo here as well. As much of a visionary as Burton is, scripting and plot are NOT his strong points. Don't hit me! )

CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see ur point about the plotting and scripting but he was working off of the old one, which wasnt really that good ne way...in my opionion, but i wouldnt say that he's bad at it cuz i dont really know how to do it well! lol

also the estella warren character totally unnecessary! i guess it was so guys could come and see ehr w/barely ne clothes on oh speaking of that!!!.......

have ne of u seen the old one??? charlton heston had to wear a loin cloth the whole movie and yet mark wahlberg has to wear pants and a long slleve shirt the whole time?!?!?!? wut the heck is up w/that???????

also w/the ending i still dont get it cuz he said that the only "apes" left on earth were in his ship w/them at the begining, so how did they get back to earth to evolve1 so confused...
Jenn~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay...I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Estella's character. My guy friend even said she was probably on the set as the coffee girl and maybe to give some visual stimulation to all the hard working males and then somebody decided that ah heck let's throw her in and give her a few one liners. Now Ari on the other hand, was the best. She played her part so well and showed so much passion for what she beleived and I think her role was outstanding. In fact, that goes to say for ALL the roles of the apes! And let's not forget Mark...no matter what character he plays, he gives it his all. Bravo!
And the ending, well like I said before, it's Tim's way of leaving us with something to ponder and hoping for a sequel to explain it.

Take care!
markydirk88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i didn't quite understand the ending but this is what my uncle said... ok when he first landed on the ape planet he went into the future and when his little monkey came to save him he tried to travel back to the time and place where he first had his departure but didn't go back in time far enough and landed on earth with the monkey stil ruling.
PoisonNY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Desiree told me that she heard in some hollywood news article that what happened is this:
Remember when At the end MArk was going back to that space magigithingi, well that ape guy who sells everything *aspirin*, had things in his bag, that no one knew he took.. well anywayz she said that somehow he must've went back in time and changed it so it would be better for the apes and thats why they mentioned his name or something on the memorial.. I cant remember the exact thing she said, but it was something like that.. um..when she said it, it made perfect sense, i just dont remember..later
General Thade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i know what the ending means-

when leo went through the time vortex he was mearly sent to earth in the year 2400 and the time vortex changed the shape of the earth adding new moons and stuff (done by directer to sorta blur out the ending) then when leo goes back thourgh the time warp everything changes back to normal except for the ape civillisation and the reason behind thades statue is to show that Attar or somebody freed him and they rebelled against the humans and he is now there social statue of hope as the lincoln memorial is today.
(also reference to battle for the planet of the apes)

To sum up he was on earth all along it just looks different because of the time vortex (to tie in with the original movie)then lands back on her earth 300 years or so after he left and the earth is still inhabited by apes and thade is there social figure.

Hope That Helps

Thade

CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the planet of the apes was in the future
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: