Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
Did ne one understand the ending???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Thade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but before anythign happened all the digital clocks when off and malfunctioned so you cant really tell what year leo went to
General Thade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry in my original message i mean went back 300 years sorry about that
CrayZ4Mark32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2001 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

general thade thank u i kinda understand but im still very confused! now i dont even care if its a technical idea i just wanna hear ur scenarios!
General Thade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ill try to make it easier to understand

1- oberons digital clocks etc malfunction so the time counter in leos ship may be malfunctioning also.

2- leo goes throught time warp to the "ape world" which is earth in a seperate dimension thats reason behind the moons attached tom the planet

3- leo takes the time warp to which he believes is the original earth the year is "unknown" he crashes on the planet

4-general thades statue is made possible by thade being released from his "prison" and leading a n army against the humans only the apes remain

5- thade then became there figure of hope jus as lincoln is to somemany maericans

6- leo is now the only human in existance back on earth but an alternative earth run by apes

hope that clears everything up tim burton knows how to confuse people but i think ive cracked it
iluvmarkymark119

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i kno y cuz mark/leo traveled in the future so he winded up in planet of the apes so then when he went to go back to earth i think that some how all the apes winded up on earth and then all the humans r on the planet of the apes. this could b wrong but it could happen!
Beth09

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive only seen it once an it really confused me but i thought that he did his thing on their planet, (planet of the apes) an wen he tried 2 get bac through the storm it put him 2 far in2 the futer an the apes had becom highly evolved on eath...but i donno
Beth09

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2001 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep im totaly confused..thanx alot tim, u succeded
Katya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think I got it!

You chould bear in mind while reading alog that the crew left the earth in 2025 and Leo returned in 2100. See? 75 years during which some inevitable changes took place and affected the whole future. If you agree with me here, then - go on.

Those changes couldn't been forecasted neither by Leo nor by anyone of the crew's members. But remember what intellecual monkeys had they on the ship!.. Maybe someone from 'greenpeace' stood for monkeys' rights and that was THE START of the monkeys' empire.

Leo, when landed on the unknown planet (which is understood to be Earth) in 2400 faced the results of those revolutionary changes that had taken place more than 300 years before. Of course, he couldn't comprehend the origin of that global transformation.

During his stay on the apeplanet he got to know ONE OF THE THADE'S DINASTY (I can clearly see the scene where General Thade was talking to his dying farther). And it could be so that the memorial had been built to memorilise one of Thade's ancestors.

What do you think about my interpritation?

[This message has been edited by Katya (edited October 08, 2001).]
mark luva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DID. BY THE TIME HE GOT BACK THE APES HAD ALREADY TAKEN OVER THE PLANET.
Jess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlrITE so to all of u's who are like 'hey i wonder if its the blonde roots growin in, or i just plain dont get the ending" i dint get it either. see, cuz oklike WAAAY into the future they dont have guns or cars, then he goes back, they're ALL apes and they're driving and have guns? AND if 'apes/humans live in harmony now' then how come they're all like freakin out on him and all ready to arrest the oh-so-perfect-mark? i dont get it! hahaha help
Marks Baby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they did da end that way so they could make a second planet of the apes. as u c he duznt make it all the way back into hiz "time" he iz in the middle of the "ape" time and our time.
stephanie08

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, now I sorta understand the ending. Wait a sec, wasn't the planet of the apes really earth?
TeresaAnn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!!!,
I saw POTA and was thrilled to see Charlton
Heston in it even though he was an ape.
I was thinking when they make the sequel ,
that maybe thsi xould be the last one and show Charlton heston as an older person like he is now and as an astronaut, then fianlly end thsi thing.
What do you think?
They have to do one where Mark and him go back to the right time.

------------------
i want you now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I think?

Remember he was in the space and he was in the pod trying to get his monkey back. The whole lighting thing (those shooting stars or something or those bright tunnel that took him thru??) that happened 2 times when he arrived the planet of ape right? so when he left the planet ape, there were this bright lighting that took the pod along withhim thru the tunnel thing and that was ONe time. So I'm guessing this is why. I have no idea. So I HOPE there'll be POA 2 and he'll be it! ( ;

I really like this movie. One of my fave included rock star and italian.
i want you now

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused again!

so if the ship crashed, then how come pericle arrived and are still the same size and didnt aged? I mean when the ship crashed all the monkies got out and those monkies grew and produced and took over humans. But not pericles? How did he arrived there? Its confusing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> Planet of the Apes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: