Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
I never watched the 1rst 1, so whats the movie about?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Italian Job
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marks baby love

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: I never watched the 1rst 1, so whats the movie about?!? Reply with quote

hey guys i never watched the first one, so like whats the movie about, can you give me a little summary, i'll make you feel like your in school and got to write the teacher a summary! and what was so bad about it, i hear alot of people on the bpard say they don't like the idea of him doung it...why not what am i missing out on?!?! thanks you

------------------
Micha xoxox
Ktbspa:)
City Gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before a mafia boss dies, he tells Michael Caine about a plan to steal a load of gold bullion in Italy, he then dies and Michael plans to do it himself but he needs help, he breaks into jail to talk to the boss of the underworld who is serving time and when he hears how much gold is there, agrees to lend Michael a team of big burly cockney thugs.
The mafia hear of their plans and try to stop them but they manage to get to Italy steal the gold, stash the loot in 3 mini coopers and the car chase begins.
I wont ruin the ending for you but it's brilliant, did they get away or not?
It's very very funny and Michael Caine deserves most praise for his humour throughout, great car chases and everything.
I doubt the re-make will be an exact copy so you should see the first film, it has cult status over here.
LYNNE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant comedy.Brilliant accents.Great laugh & superb ending.It's out here on dvd in August.Got mine on order already.
I saw a little old type mini today like they used with the union jack on the roof.I always think of that film when I see them.
City Gal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can watch that movie over and over, I would have thought it was out on DVD already though, that's weird.
Micha try to see it, it really is a classic Brit movie and then you can imagine Mark as Michaels character, this should be a great modern re-make I can't wait to see it.
Kazuko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I can watch "The Italian Job" over and over! I love the theme song of Mr. Bridger, and "The Self-Preservation Society" . (England suporters of football team play this song during the match?)
Quincy Jones did great jobs.

marks baby love

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really?!? thanks city gal!! very good summary! wow sounds very intresting. Mark is going to be the actor Michael Craine in the movie?! wow i'm gonna go look for it, i think my dad will enjoy it too thanks guys

------------------
Micha xoxox
Ktbspa

[This message has been edited by marks baby love (edited July 24, 2002).]
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your Dad about it, he may have seen it already, it's very old. I can't remember how old though, he might even have it on video. Now the remake has made the original film popular again blackstar is releasing it on DVD like Lynne said, I'm going to pre-order a copy cos I can't find the video to buy anywhere.
LYNNE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citygal.If you order the dvd use Play.com.I find them better for dvds.Will be sent on 26th August.
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooh thanks Lynne, I forgot about that one, I don't have to get a certain region do I? I've never brought a DVD, my boyfriend used to come home with them.
LYNNE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Region 2 for Europe.Multi region players you can order region 1 also.If you do have the choice always compare the prices.They do vary in cost.Sometimes 1's are cheaper & vice versa.
City Gal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
marks baby love

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool guys, i haven' t asked my father yet, he's been busy with work i'll ask him Sunday we're going to see fire works!!!!!!!!!!! so i'll get back at yaa

------------------
Micha xoxox
Ktbspa:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Italian Job All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: