Find Mark Wahlberg on Facebook

MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index MarkWahlberg.com
The Official Web Site

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to visit the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation
British Accents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Italian Job
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marks baby love

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey city gal do you have the accent?!?!

------------------
Micha xoxox
Ktbspa:)
Lynne's luvvy!
Rachie lou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there!
Rachie lou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woops, forgot to post a reply. i am glad you like my name, i have been called it since i was a little girl, and now my mates call me it, it's either that or razzy lou, and yes i do have the accent, my family come from london, and my grandad and dad, and uncle, and great uncle used to be market traders so i have been brought up with it! i don't chat in rhyming slang, although the male side of my family sometimes do, or back slang. i do have the accent though so i can deff say i am a true londoner through and through!!!! i was really worried when i heard that the us were gonna do a remake of this classic british film, but when i heard the cast list, and Marks name was on it, i smiled, cause i knew he would do us proud. you have to admit that some american actors just can't do the british accent, everyone seems to think that we all speak like the queen, but trust me there is only about 10%of the population that talk like that.

anyway i can't wait to see this film, and i will deff be in leister square when the premier comes out, i think i will try to get tickets i really want to meet mark!! i went to the uk premier of minority reports with Tom cruise and saw him, so maybe i will get to meet mark!!!fingers crossed. does anyone know the relese date for marks new fim in the uk?

lol Rachie louxx
City Gal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Micha, I sometimes have a slight accent,you can tell I'm a londoner but the old people who still talk cockney you can't understand them cos they sound so rough!!
I'm not that bad,I have to talk properly for work so I get used to not talking in the london accent,although everytime I hail a taxi the driver will ask if I'm from the East End.
Rachie lou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know what? that happens to me too, i don't really mind though, i am proud to have my accent at times, but ut's the same for me at work i have to try and remember to talk propally. i think my grandad and dad are sweet when they talk in back slang, they think i don't know what they are talking about, but i do! how do you think mark will sound in a london accent?

lol Rachie
marks baby love

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey razzy lou! cute name:d WELCOME TO THE M/B! city gal are you originaly from London?! so you kinda have the accent cool!!

------------------
Micha xoxox
Lynne's luvvy!
City Gal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I was born in the south but my brothers were, My big bro is a true cockney aswell born quite near to bow and the other one was born nearer Essex in Greater London.
I 've been here since I was 14 though I've lived in Reading and Birmingham aswell as Spain for a year, I would like to move from London eventually though maybe to Oxford.
City Gal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for living in London,I've lived in Clapham Junction,Wembley,Maida Vale,Docklands and now East London.

[This message has been edited by City Gal (edited August 24, 2002).]
ali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I still haven't seen rockstar yet to see mark do his accent - does he do cockney then or just general english? Sure it'll amuse me much...hehe (altho this is italian job thread so what am I talking about?). My parents and family are all from the east end, Bow etc and I was born in Greater london so I have a strange accent mix of cockney and essex and go from one extreme to the other

[This message has been edited by ali (edited August 28, 2002).]
marks baby love

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my!!!! city gal that is sooo cool! you've been so many places i've been here all my life! lol, very cool, thanks for sharing

------------------
Micha xoxox
Lynne's luvvy!
PompeygirlUK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwyneth Paltrow does a v. good English accent too in sliding doors
LYNNE

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So has anyone heard Handsome Rob speak yet? English or US accent? I do hope he has kept his english accent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MarkWahlberg.com Forum Index -> The Italian Job All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: